We are not organic in our farming practices. We grow approx. 95% of our own feed for the cows on the 200+ acres we both own and rent in the immediate area. We plant GMO-free corn and grow a grass/alfalfa mix hay that is used as feed for both the milking cows, young stock, and steers. The corn receives one application in the Spring of herbicide/pesticide to insure a measurable crop for our animals. We also will treat a sick cow with penicillian drugs when all other measures to cure the problem fails. This milk never is sold to the public. Her milk is withheld until no medicine is detected in the milk. For these reasons, we are not organic, nor do we have any plans to look for the organic certification.
We allow the public to visit with the animals on the Farm. Young livestock are housed in several pens/barns around the main barn. The milking cows are in the main barn. They go out to pasture every night Spring thru Fall; in winter they go out mornings (as long as conditions are safe for them to walk). We also have goats, sheep, ducks, chickens, turkeys, and mules for everyone to enjoy. They love to have visitors come by and say hello.
When purchasing a quantity of Raw MIlk in the Gallon size, we offer discounts.
1 – 9 gallons cost $4.75 each
10 – 24 gallons cost $4.50 each
25 – 40 gallons cost $4.25 each
40+ gallons cost $4.00 each
This quantity must be purchased in one transaction, all picked up the same day. This arrangement comes in handy when families that are a distance away take turns picking up the quantity of milk and share the discount among themselves. We prefer a phone call ahead of a visit purchasing more than 10 gallons of Milk; this allows us to insure having the Milk filled and ready for you to take home.
Call the store, 610-253-8942 for more information or to order.
The milking cows are feed approx. 70% hay and hay forages, 30% grains.
The steer are fed 80% hay, 20% grain.
We have nearly all Holstein-Friesian breed cows on our Farm; they grow and thrive best on this combination of hay and grain feed.
Raw milk is milk that has not been pasteurized or homogenized. No additives have been used, nothing to change the natural, healthy way this food has been meant to be enjoyed. Our milking process takes every step to insure cleanliness. The milk pumps directly into a cooling tank, where we fill clean, food-grade containers every day. We are inspected on a regular basis not only by the company that buys our excess milk, but also federal inspectors, and state inspectors from the Department of Agriculture. Our milk is also tested several times a month, insuring a safe, healthy product is always available to our customers. Raw milk retains all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients beneficial to a healthy lifestyle. Visit www.realmilk.com for more information.
We use our own milk from our own cows to produce the variety of cheeses and yogurts we sell here on the Farm. No additives or preservatives are used in any of the products we sell. The Raw MIlk Aged Cheeses have culture, vegetable rennet, and salt used to create them; then we may add spices or herbs, horseradish or bacon to flavor the cheese. Mozzarella and Ricotta are made each week and packaged for your convenience in both tubs and vacumn seal bags. The yogurts are cultured with different strains of bacteria to give us two distinct types; one being the thicker yogurt, the other a drinkable yogurt we call Smoogurt. You’ll find plain and flavored yogurts, using honey, lemon, strawberries, and blueberries to name a few.
The following is a list of grocery stores, seasonal farmers markets and wineries that handle our products. Please make sure they are open before visiting as some are seasonal and only open part of the year.
- Brian Huff (NJ farmers markets) – Asbury, NJ
- GroFarms (seasonal) – Glen Gardner, NJ
- Donaldson Farms (seasonal) – Hackettstown, NJ
- Ort Farms (seasonal) – Long Valley, NJ
- Hackettstown Health Foods – Hackettstown, NJ
- Tranquility Farms (seasonal) – Andover, NJ
- Pioneer Store – Martins Creek, PA
- Valley Farm Market – Bethlehem, PA
- Queen’s Nutritional Products – Allentown, PA
- Crooked Row Farms (farmers markets) – Orefield, PA
- Health Habits – Schnecksville, PA
- Willow Haven Farm (seasonal) – New Tripoli, PA
- Quite Creek/Rodale (seasonal) – Kutztown, PA
- Eagle Point Farm (seasonal) – Trexlertown, PA
- Frey’s Better Foods – Hellertown, PA
- Little Farm Store (seasonal) – Riegelsville, PA
- Trauger’s – Kintnersville, PA
- Fulper Farms (farmers markets) – Lambertville, NJ
- Doylestown Co-op – Doylestown, PA
- Healthy Alternatives – Trexlertown, PA
- Comunale’s Italian Market – Bangor, PA
- Stryker Farms – Saylorsburg, PA
- Earthlight Natural Foods – Stroudsburg, PA
- Mignosi’s Foodtown – Stroudsburg, PA
- Mother’s Nature – Mountaintop, PA
- Heckman Orchards – Effort, PA
- Kinsley’s ShopRite – Brodheadsville, PA
- Essence of Health – Easton, PA
- Clover Hill Vineyards – Breinigsville, PA
Wholesale information is available upon request. Contact us at KleinsCreamery@aol.com or call Renee at 610-442-2039.